Thursday, June 7, 2012

NBA Playoff Recap


Nice tucked in shirts fellas

           
 I haven’t written on here in a while for a variety of reasons:

- I am in college, so I have to pretend to do work so people don’t judge me. Some might say it’s already too late.

- I watched the solar eclipse, which made me rethink life. If the moon and sun combine, what hope is there for mankind?

            That’s all I got. But it’s been a month since I’ve written on this thing, which is both interesting to no one and matters to no one. But I thought I’d stop fake studying for finals right now and give a quick rundown of the NBA playoffs today, because surprising things are happening that are making the TNT inside Stephen A. Smith’s brain explode.

            Kevin Durant plays basketball well: In 2008-09, during the Thunder’s inaugural season, the team went 3-29 in its first 32 games. They were cute. Kevin Durant still played Doodle Jump. Russell Westbrook wore normal clothes. Scott Brooks only used 2 tubs of gel on his hair. The Komodo dragons living in James Harden's beard were only infants. 4 years later, they’ve become the first team not named the Spurs, Mavericks or Lakers to win the Western Conference since 1999. In fact, rather poetically, they beat all those teams to get to the Finals. They beat the Spurs after the team won 20 straight games and hadn’t lost more than 2 straight games the entire year. Before the series, they only lost 4 games with Tony Parker in the lineup all year. And yet, here we are. Also of note: Kevin Durant and basketball. Kevin Durant is playing like a monster on steroids, except skinny, which makes complete sense. Only 5 years into his NBA career and he’s already a scoring champion and poised to become an NBA champion. He also looks like he’s having a pee shiver when he’s shooting free throws. For many people, Durant is becoming the anti-Lebron: the superstar content in a small market, that comes up huge in crunch time, has better, more subtle facial hair and might win an NBA championship in 5 years, when Lebron is on the verge of being winless in 9 seasons. Speaking of Lebron…

            The Heat almost extinguished: Hold on let me finish LOLing at the headline… ok I’m good. Yes, Lebron James is now one loss away from going his 9th consecutive season without winning a championship. The Heat need to win a game  6 in Boston and then a game 7 in Miami to have a shot at a championship. The Heat are now realizing what happens when your 4th best player is either Shane Battier, Udonis Haslem, Mario Chalmers or Joel Anthony. However, I still expect them to win the series, because I think with their backs completely nailed against the wall, Lebron James and Dwayne Wade are going to go bazerk. It wouldn’t surprise me if Lebron has the game of his career, which has to be hiding somewhere in his receding hairline. It also wouldn’t surprise me if the Celtics win, because Rajon Rondo is playing like a top 3 point guard in the NBA and Kevin Garnett is yelling about stuff again. So yes, I’m saying either the Heat or Celtics will win. Probably the team with the most points. No… not even a chuckle? I’m picking the Heat. But even if they make the Finals, unless Lebron finds the 10th gear he needs, the Thunder look like far and away the best team in the NBA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment